Azure Big Data Architect role drives high priority customer initiatives, leveraging Azure data services to solve the biggest and most complex data.
The Big Data Cloud Architect owns the Azure Data Services technical architecture: data architecture design sessions, implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives.
- Interface with delivery teams to design Azure data services solutions in support of the over-arching analytics services solution, including SQL Database, Document DB, SQL Data Warehouse, HD Insight, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
- Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility for Big Data storage, processing and consumption e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support over Data Lake
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios. Report on progress of business objectives; Ensure plan execution, Document and share technical best practices experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), noSQL, and business analytics
- Experience in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions)
You must have understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns Knowledge of real time/stream analytics trends
Solid experience in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualisation, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
You will have hands on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Microsoft Data Platform and Azure Data Services and operationalising end-to-end cloud analytics solutions.
- Design data pipelines to support machine-learning solutions Create and manage experiments, determine when to pre-process or train inside Machine Learning Studio, select input/output types, apply custom processing steps with R and Python, publish web services • Design big data real-time processing solutions Ingest data for real-time processing, design and provision compute resources, design for lambda architecture, design for real-time processing
- Designing big data batch processing and interactive solutions Ingest data for batch and interactive processing, design and provision compute clusters, design for data security, design for batch processing, design interactive queries for big data Deep technical experience
- Azure SQL DB/DW, HD Insight, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, and CosmosDB.
Strong experience in or exposure to solutions that are analytical in nature, employing data-centric architectures • Data technology literate with a detailed understanding of data architecture and data tools and technologies, in particular in memory/in database and open source technology.
|Salary||£1200 per day|